Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Steve's no sell out

Steve Carell may be a hot Hollywood property these days, but he's no sell out, turning down
big bucks to star in blockbusters in favour of projects he believes in.

"I was just offered something that would be very little work and a huge amount
of money. And it was tempting,"
he admits.


"It seemed crazy to me, but it wasn't something I wanted to do. Why would I be
doing it? It would have been for the money. I'm not a saint but I just passed on it
because I could do something else I think I could enjoy that might be better. It
was weird to turn something like that down. I didn't feel snobby about it, I just
didn't feel it was the right thing to do."


Although having spent a couple of decades as a struggling actor, Steve never thought he'd be
in a position to turn down roles.

"It's a luxury too," he says. "To be an actor and turn down work - that's just crazy
I always figured I would take every job I was ever offered and feel lucky in the
process."


However, Steve insists he doesn't need the money.

"We have plenty of money," he adds. "My kids' college is set, we have a nice house.
Clearly I don't spend a lot on clothes. We don't buy stuff. I like to help my family
out and things like that."

source

I wish I knew which movie he turned down and which one he chose instead!

No comments: