Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's a man's world: Steve Carell

article at dailymail.co.uk


What I lack in physical ability I make up for in co-ordination. I play ice hockey in a
league in Los Angeles. We're very, very bad, but we have a good time. I've chipped my two
front teeth and dislocated and broken and strained and pulled all sorts of things. And that's
playing just once a week. I also work out with weights and run five or six miles three times a
week. I find myself listening to female pop when I'm training – Pink and Sheryl Crow. I also like
dance music.


I had to become really fit for my new film, Get Smart. I had some serious fight scenes
with The Rock [Dwayne Johnson]. He is tough. When I grabbed him, there was nothing to grab
on to, because he's solid muscle. He inspired me to work out hard and get in decent shape.
Never in a million years did I think I'd be starring in an action film beating up bad guys,
hanging off the side of a car or jumping out of a moving plane. It's not easy to say your lines
while fighting on top of a car before being hit by a swinging crane.

No comments: