Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Carell inks first-look deal with WB

Warner Bros. Pictures has staked its "Get Smart" star Steve Carell to a three-year first-look deal.

Carell has formed Carousel Prods. Vance DeGeneres and Charlie Hartsock will run the shingle, which
will take offices on the WB lot.

Deal comes after "Get Smart" grossed $130 million domestically and $230 million worldwide for Warner Bros.
and Village Roadshow Pictures. The studio is mobilizing a sequel for Carell to return as Maxwell Smart.

...
"My idea was to partner with friends of mine, people I trusted, with whom I share a certain sensibility,"
Carell told Daily Variety. "I have some ideas for films, but I’ve gotten to know so many people who are funny,
talented and fertile with ideas that I’m confident this very strong base of friendships will lead to projects."


"Finding things to do as an actor is the first order of business, I suppose, but I’m not limited to things in
my wheelhouse," Carell said. "I’m also looking for films I can produce that aren’t right for me as an actor."


source: Variety, tipster: flamingokid

1 comment:

Unknown said...

see get smart was a great movie and this proved that and steve carell can do no wrong. he was perfect as max smart.