Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Meeting with Steve Carell

Carrie's story:



On June 27, 2010, I had the extraordinary opportunity to meet Steve Carell at the Despicable
Me after party held at LA Live downtown Los Angeles.

The planning for the big moment began the morning of May 25 when I discovered that
Despicable Me would be the Closing Film for the Los Angeles Film Festival (LAFF) in June. The
LAFF site indicated that (1) the movie’s world premiere would be at 2 p.m. on Sunday, June 27,
at LA Live’s Nokia Theater followed by a Closing Party and (2) I could attend both if I bought
the Cinemania pass or higher. This was all sounding way too good to be true. I even began to
wonder if the stars of the film would show up beforehand for a “red carpet” event. I found a
phone number on the site, called it, and talked with managing director Gloria Campbell who told
me that the answer to my question was a “yes”! I was in total shock at the thought of seeing
Steve in about a month, so I bought the Cinemania pass online before the morning was up. Since
the pass gave me access to many of the festival’s other events, I decided to make the trip to LA
my summer vacation as well.

-> continue reading

No comments: